Rental Policies & Procedures
1. Reservations are encouraged and will be accepted up to one year in advance. However, rates will not be guaranteed.
2. Rates are based on property features, location, and season, and can be found listed on this website. Rates are subject to change without notice. This fee will vary with each property. Sales tax and a one-time administration fee will be added to all reservations.
3. Administration Fee: An administration fee of $65 will be added to each reservation for administrative and processing of your reservation and is non-refundable upon cancellation.
4. Housekeeping Fee: A housekeeping fee will be added to all reservations, regardless of the number of nights booked. The fee will vary depending on the size of the property. This fee covers the cleaning of the property upon departure.
5. Rental Payments: Final rental payments are due in full 30 days prior to arrival. Payments may be made by cash, travelers check, bank money order, credit card or personal check with proper identification. In the event of cancellation, refunds must be obtained from CSA Travel Protection and are subject to their policies and conditions. To protect against loss of your rental payments, travel insurance is strongly recommended. Depending on the unit you have reserved your credit card number will be held on file but not charged for a reserved amount. This is to guarantee money for any damage’s that may occur to the unit during your stay. The unit will be inspected after your departure and if no damages have occurred your credit card will be released for the amount reserved.
6. Refunds will not be given for late arrivals or early departures.
7. Advance Rent Payment: A minimum payment of 50% down per reservation is required within 10 days of initial reservation. If the advance rent is not received within 10 days of booking, your reservation will be cancelled. Reservations made 30 days prior to arrival require a credit card advance rent payment upon booking, ADVANCE RENT PAYMENT IS NON-REFUNDABLE IN THE EVENT OF CANCELLATION.
8. Travel Protection Insurance : Travel Insurance is available through CSA Travel Protection. You must request the purchase of this plan via the link provided in the confirmation email or via phone. The plan is optional but we strongly recommend it. In case of unforeseen events, this insurance helps protect your vacation investment. IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO PURCHASE THIS COVERAGE NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. In order to decline this coverage you must either click on the link in the confirmation letter or call our reservation staff. Questions concerning CSA Travel Protection can be obtained by reviewing the certificate of insurance on their website www.vacationrentalinsurance.com or calling 800-554-9839.
9. Cancellation of Reservations: Please contact our office as soon as possible in the event you must cancel or change properties. We will only refund your advance/final rental payments if the property is re-rented for the same time period, less $75.00 cancellation fee. Once your reservation has been confirmed, any cancellations date or property changes will be subject to this cancellation policy. To prevent loss of rental payments we strongly recommend purchasing CSA Travel Protection.
- Hurricane Policy: Should a hurricane or tropical storm threaten our area we will receive evacuation instructions from the National Hurricane Center and our local governing officials. If the Mandatory Evacuation order is given, refunds will only be given by CSA Travel Protection if you have purchased coverage before the storm was named. Crye-Leike Coastal Realty will not issue refund of any rent payments.
- Family Rentals Only! All of our vacation homes are family rentals ONLY. NO units will be rented to vacationing students or young adults (under 25) unaccompanied by a responsible parent or guardian. During spring break season, we require one parent for every two person under the age of 25. A PARENT MUST BE STAYING IN THE UNIT AT ALL TIMES. OUR RENTAL UNITS ARE MONITORED FOR VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY. ALL VIOLATIORS WILL BE EVICTED WITH ALL RENTAL PAYMENTS BEING FOREITED AND ADDITIONAL CHARGES WILL BE APPLIED! RESERVATIONS MADE UNDER FALSE PRETENSE ARE NULL AND VOID AND CHECK-IN WILL NOT BE ALLOWED. This policy includes reservations made by parents who do not check in, and/or who leave overnight during the length of the stay. NO EXCEPTIONS!
12. Check-in time is after 4p.m.— In some instances, access to your unit may be unavoidably delayed due to cleaning or maintenance issues. There will be no discounts offered due to a late check-in. Your patience will be appreciated in these circumstances. Guests who will be arriving later than 5PM should make late arrival arrangements by telephone prior to arrival. Early check-ins are available for a fee. Call 888.299.6009 for details. Our office hours are typically 8AM-6PM Monday-Saturday with seasonally extended hours.
13. Check-out time is no later than 10AM. Late check-outs are available for a fee. If you check out after 10AM and do not notify the office of your late check out you will be charged a late check out fee.
14. Key Policy. Unit keys and pool tags (when applicable) will be presented at check-in and must be returned at check-out. There will be a charge of $50.00 for each key and/or pool tag not returned at check-out. In the event you are locked out after business hours, call our emergency numbers (provided upon check-in), and our agent will meet you at the office. A charge of $20.00 is payable directly to the agent for this service.
15. We Appreciate you reporting all maintenance items and we will respond to them as soon as possible.
16. Housekeeping. Your vacation accommodations will be cleaned to quality standards prior to your arrival and after your departure. You will be responsible for the cleaning of your unit during your stay and for leaving the unit in good condition at check-out. We respectfully request that you remember that you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation; please treat it with the care you would your own. Linens are an initial set up and that it is the renter’s responsibility to wash them if needed. If requested we can supply new towels and linen for a fee.
17. Linens/Towels/Supplies. Although linens are furnished, please bring your own beach towels and beach blankets, as linens are not to be removed from the unit. Guests will need to provide their own paper items and cleaning supplies. An initial set up of trash liners, bathroom paper and facial soap is provided. Extra items needed are the responsibility of the guest.
18. All Units provide the same basic furnishings and equipment.
19. Units may have one or more lockers/closets that are reserved for storage of owner’s property and are not included in the rental.
20. Smoking is strictly prohibited in all rental units. You will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and deodorizing if any evidence of smoking is found in your unit.
21. Absolutely no pets allowed in rental units that are not pet friendly. You will incur an additional charge for carpet cleaning and flea spray if any evidence of a pet(s) is found in your unit or on the premises, unless the unit is pet friendly. Units that are pet friendly require a $150.00 non-refundable pet deposit.
22. Units may not be sublet.
23. Injury. Guest shall hold harmless Crye Leike Coastal Realty and its employees or agents from and against all claim, suits, damages, costs, losses and expenses arising from injury to any person or property occurring on or about the premises.
24. Crye-Leike Coastal Realty will not be held responsible for acts of theft or vandalism or other damages to the guest’s personal property or items left in the unit.
25. Good Neighbor Policies. We respectfully request that you remember you are staying in someone’s home during your vacation. Please treat it with care and leave it in good condition at checkout.
- Property Rules and Regulations. Please observe all rules and regulations governing the use of the property you are occupying. These rules apply to both owners and guests, and failure to comply can result in eviction.
- Agentfor Owner. Crye-Leike Coastal Realty serves as the agent for the owner of the rental property.
- Parking. Parking permits will be issued at check-in. When applicable most properties restrict parking for boats, boat trailers, recreational vehicles, etc. If allowed, they should be parked in designated areas. Prior to check-in please check with the appropriate office for parking instructions.
26. Guest acknowledges that Crye-Leike Coastal Realty is the agent of the property owner and will be paid by the owner.
27. We reserve the right to change unit assignments. When you confirm a reservation, a unit will be assigned, however, no unit request is guaranteed. If a change becomes necessary, every attempt will be made to contact you and a new confirmation will be sent.
28. Construction. Occasionally, you may experience construction in your neighborhood during your stay. Please be patient and understanding should this situation arise. Crye-Leike Coastal Realty will do everything possible to contact the contractor if this is a problem. However, no refunds can be made in the event of construction noise or problems.
29. Maintenance: From time to time pools and elevators need to be serviced and are subject to no use for a limited time. Please understand Crye-Leike Coastal Realty has no control over when this may take place and there will be no discounts for any temporary shut down.
30. Contacting US: We at Crye-Leike Coastal Realty hope you have a wonderful stay. If we can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact us Toll Free at 1-888-299-6009 or Locally at 850-654-7700. Thank you for choosing Crye-Leike Coastal Realty.